ABA efficacy/ Group comparison studies
- Link to synopses of the Lovaas research and replication studies http://www.lovaas.com/research.php
- McEachin, J.J., Smith, T., & Lovaas, O.I. (1993). Long-term outcome for children with autism who received early intensive behavioral treatment. American Journal on Mental Retardation. 97, 359- 372. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8427693
- Smith, T., Buch, G.A., & Gamby, T.E. (2000). Parent-directed, intensive early intervention for children with pervasive developmental disorder. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 21, 297-309.
- Smith, T., Groen, A.D., & Wynn, J.W. (2000). Randomized trial of intensive early intervention for children with pervasive developmental disorder. American Journal on Mental Retardation.105, 269-285
- Cohen, H., Amerine-Dickens, M., & Smith, T., (2006). Early Intensive Behavioral Treatment: Replication of the UCLA Model in a Community Setting. Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 27, S145-S155.
- Sallows, G. & Graupner, T., (2005), Intensive Behavioral Treatment for Children With Autism: Four-Year Outcome and Predictors, AMERICAN JOURNAL ON MENTAL RETARDATION, 110, 417-438 http://www.ctfeat.org/articles/AmericanJournalMentalRetardationNov2005.pdf
Why schools should use ABA
How does ABA compare to other autism therapies?
- New York panel review Report of the Guideline Recommendations for Autism/PDD Assessment and Intervention for Young Children (Age 0-3 Years) Sponsored by NY State Department of Health Early Intervention Program
- Maine Report of the Children’s Services Evidence-Based Practice Advisory Committe (October 2009) http://www.madsec.org/Publications/AutismTaskForceReport/tabid/81/Default.aspx
- Evidence-Based Practices & Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders http://foa.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/20/3/140
- Mental health: A report of the surgeon general. U.S. Public Health Service. http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/mentalhealth/chapter3/sec6.html#autism